So I am a complete glutton when it comes to books. I spend money on them that is excessive. I keep every one I have ever read. I miss the ones I have borrowed. I have a philosophy about reading my books. I read about 6 or 7 at a time. The ones I am "suppose" to read, the ones I use for light reading "easy and thoughtless", the ones I need to read " Doctrine ", and the ones someone has told me I should read. My favorite books I call my "Dessert Books" These are the ones! The ones I obsess about. I feel so in love with these that while I am reading and if I come to a great phrase or sentence I quickly use my right hand to flip the pages that are left and quietly bemoan the prescribed end. I don't want it to end and yet I am ravenous and gulp down every page. To prevent imminent ending I will use this book as my "Dessert" book. Reading several other books in the other categories and only after I have read them a chapter at a time will I allow myself to reach for the "Dessert". Just like a memorable meal, meat, some starch, veggies and DESSERT!!!!!!! Admittedly my favorite in food and book choices.
If you are a book craver like me I will share my favorite place for a fix. It is Baker Street Books in Black Diamond. There is a grouchy Scotsman who is the keeper of used and new books alike. The pages of the books I have bought there all smell of cedar and sage incense. More pleasantness I could not imagine on a rainy day in Seattle than to spend some time on the Tartan covered furniture there with an array of books to devour. Props to the peevish Scotsman who created it all!!! Happy reading blog folk.