Blog Archive

PEEVED REEVES




Ever had a case of the Peeves. Little things out of your control that irk your sensibilities.....?
A FRIENDLY LIST OF MINE
*When it rains on vacation. I feel I deserve cloud free skies when I travel considering the amount of time my life is covered with gray. Note the above photo. This was a sky in Phoenix. The sun came out the day we left. Arghh
*Brangelina. They act like these two have re-invented child bearing/rearing. Centuries and Centuries of normal people procreating and these two get the prize? We all have been nurturing and teaching our little ones long before they came along. Its not like they have re-invented the wheel.
*Joke telling. I have a hard time coming up with a courtesy laugh at the exactly orchestrated time the joke is finished. I never think staged jokes are funny. Oh, but did I tell you the one about the....
*Romantic interludes involving music. ie. Musicals. Just tell each other you fancy each other and stop singing about it all night already. (with the exception of Ewan McGregor in Moulin Rouge hubba hubba)
*Crying competitors. Especially women. Aahhh don't' start crying you are making us all look bad! Square your shoulders and take it woman!!!
*Hyper environmentalists, don't get me wrong I literally kissed a tree the other day on Mt. Rainer, I guess its just their posture. I don't think they are the ones in charge of this planet. There is Someone (with a capital S) that knows more than they do about the eventualities of our earth. Puny arm people.....Mississippi River Puny if you know what I mean.
*Smackers. The whole wide open mouth when you are chewing deal. Urg.
*People who add a obscure foreign word to their sentence for example "Can you pass the chips...POR FAVOR
*Those who hate dogs and little kids are in here somewhere. Like the lady in our neighborhood who has a bumper sticker that says, "Cats Not Kids"
*How about re-reading the same paragraph over and over and over of a current read because you have been asked 30 questions by the small people you love
*Automated phone directories and or sales calls, when they ask me if the lady of the house is home I hand the phone to Flower.
*Front of the line racers. Easy,... people.
*Driving between semi trucks
*Daytime television programmers. They must think we are all idiotic dolts at home in the daytime. It is insulting.
*Using shock value language in literature for effect. Not impressed.
*Copy cats
*Politician Actor Activists. Why should we listen to you? Oh yeah let me think, because yur job is comprised of an ability to pretend to be other people. Hmmmm I think not
*Sand in my bed, although everywhere else its quite welcome
*The end of the season pizza party for all sports
*Clapping in Cub Scout den meeting
*The sound of scratchy heel against heel
*Stagnant night air, open the window folks!
*Mean little girls (there are usually 4 and they all deserve a dose of what they dish out)
*People who run in the rain not to get wet, they are not daggers they are raindrops
*A dirty drinking glass
*When someone starts a talk or lecture with a Websters Dictionary Definition
*If an instructor ask us to turn our chairs into a circle for a group discussion
*Spinelessness
*Indiscriminate litterers
*Moms who talk to their kids in a way that belies their intent, because they are putting on a show for those around them. "Now Foo Foo don't poke him in the eye...that's not nice....blah blah"
*Man perms
*OOOOOooooo! ......and a sweet one to end on although its feeling like I could go on forever.........
The Muscle Shirt!!!! There is not a body I know that wants a look at your pit hair and your waist flab simultaneously!!!!
That was a good one... Blog folk what are yours? Know that if you do not comment I might just keep going and going and going
*