
We spent the weekend at Ocean Shores here in Washington. We have never been there before. We usually go to Oregon because we lived there for 8 years and know our way around the shoreline. Last year we did go to Westport, Washington and it was decent except for the mosquitoes which were in swarms in the dunes. So we thought we would try another spot, hence Ocean Shores was chosen. We arrived at the hotel, and the kids wanted to swim in the pool ( we could have been in Bellevue for all they cared, as long as there is a pool). I wanted to check out the beach, so Marc went swimming with the smalls and I headed down. It was a fun jungle-like walk through the dunes and hedges over my head, there was a major marine layer that day so I still couldn't see the shoreline until I was right on it. I was honestly shocked and mildly sickened at what was there. I saw scooters, campers, trucks, vans, and trailers!!!!! I rubbled the fog out of my eyes and they were still there!!! Has everyone lost their minds?!!! What is wrong with the people on the planet? Am I the only one who is repulsed by this
BEACH BLASPHEMY?
I am singular in my view of the ocean. I am slightly obsessive, overly fond, and extremely sentimental about the sea. This I realize, however, never in my wildest imaginings was I prepared for the sound of motors and the smell of exhaust on the shores I adore! I could not imagine who thought this was a good idea, a viable location or even a safe course for beach goers!! Is everybody taking
CRAZY PILLS!!!!!!
To a sand and sea worshiper like myself it was comparable to :
Someone opening a bag of fried pig skins in the temple and smacking loudly during a session.
or
Having someone ride a dirt bike across the cemetery.
or
A muddy dog rolling across line dried bed sheets.
or
Someone throwing a beer can into the Grand Canyon.
or
Tossing a baby book into the fireplace for kindling.
or
LIKE GOING TO THE BEACH AND HAVING IT LOOK LIKE A FREEWAY!!!!!!
Our family did have a majorly relaxing and deliciously fun time together. We left our house and gardie behind on a whim, which made it feel even more exciting and fun. We loved where we stayed and played and played and played!!! But the beach freeway deal, well, I just don't get it. Can't imagine why that is okay on the planet or what the reasoning is. Maybe its those dang crazy pills again, but nary an excuse or rationale will change my feelings about such grotesque abuse of such a divine gift as the ocean and sea and sand.
rant
rant
rant
rant
rant
rant
rant
rant
rant
rant
rant
rant
rant