Blog Archive

a tiny doggie bloggie







I have recently been quite sick with pneumonia. Its been a royal bummer to end the summer (okay, okay,...I'll stop with the rhyming) but it has been a tough time. Through it all my little Sam has been so loyal. He has acted sad and positioned himself by me fiercely protective and watchful. He will quietly just come up and lay his head in my lap, or on my shoulder and look at me with the face filled with doggie worry. Every time I am in coughing fit he jumps up to check on me. He has been camped out in front of my bedroom door watching vigil through the day and night. He knows I am not okay. I cannot tell you how, but he knows. He has been such a comfort.
Once last fall we hurried out the door right after dinner. When we came home he was fixedly staring at me trying to get my attention. I kept saying "What is it buddy", he would not stop staring at me trying to tell me something, and caused me to look around and notice that I had left on a burner on the stove with the flame about 1/2 inch up. (We have a gas stove). There were homework papers everywhere and it could have lit up any minute.
Super dog to the rescue.
And on a last note, I can say that beyond any vacation, toy, event, birthday, Christmas celebration, or ANYTHING we have ever done, nothing has brought my children more delight than having this little fluff ball to love.
A blog to my sweet dog,
SAM
here's to you professor fluffin stuffins.