Blog Archive

"A" GAME MOM

THE NEW ME
"A" GAME
SACAJAWEA EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: MOM'S A GAME
COMMIN' TO TOWN
MOVE OVER FREAKY HIGH FUNCTIONING/ NO PURPOSE,
OPPOSIBLE KNEES DOLL LADY
DROP THAT LIST WOMAN!
. . . . . .a BIT of musing on my previous professional life below,
provided me with munchy food for thought.
The "A" Game......the best we have, .....the best the team has......what we pull together to offer our best, even we may feel the worst is the focus of my ramblings

I suppose those should be called BLamblings = blog ramblings, I digress...

Often. when I was a professional, I would not necessarily want to be there, did not feel like getting gussied up and looking my best, surely did not feel like expressing myself in kind and tolerant tones to those who irritated me ......
( I worked through my first pregnancy.....hello hormones)

and yet day after day I was in "A game mode" preforming at the best of my ability

I ASK NOW, WHY NOT OFFER THIS KIND OF MY BEST SELF TO MY FAMILY?
GIVE THEM DEBI'S 'A' GAME, THE BENEFIT PACKAGE IS MUCH MORE AFFECTIONATE AND ETERNAL. I THINK I'VE LOST FOCUS SOMEWHERE BETWEEN NURSING AND GROCERY SHOPPING, MAKING LUNCHES AND FEEDING THE DOG

When I was "A Game" Deb. I was "on", ready and although feeling less than enthused about what my workload was that day, was able to be presentable, pleasant, and ashamedly "perky"

There are certain things about nurturing children that define the most beautiful parts of myself and there are also certain things that daily press me one step closer to crazytown.

Lets take for instance: REPETITION: This, for me is the highest ranked of motherly overloadage. Same sandwich everyday for a 5 year old has the quality to completely unglue me. I am begging you to try a ham, cheese, or even pickle sanny.......
and yet she can ONLY eat tuna everyday...
humming happily...nary a complaint unless I mention a change
I love change, kids hate change

In an office setting it would include answering the telephone the same way ALL DAY, but as part of my job, did not effect me so much because my paradigm was different.
I was being paid to use My A Game

I am certainly lousy at the repetition stuff but great at the mushy mommy stuff, so somewhere in the middle, surely I can anny up and "A" game those that matter most, don't think I will wear my power suit, but am going to re-dedicate myself to being the mom in the first photo....

Rockwell mom here I come.......
UNPLUGGED "hyper- busy mom"
....say adieu....