In 1996, some serious loudness entered my life. In a darling baby boy package, mind you, but some serious colicky, lactose intolerant loudness came crashin' down into my new wife/ new mother's brain. Since then, I have had varying degrees, but over the last 13 years life has been invariably LOUD. Lovely even joyful, .... but definitely LOUD.Since sending my last little one off to school every day for a walloping 3 hours, I have continued to notice something thoroughly amazing. Yet, another huge and delicious change like before.
THE
PEACE
AND
QUIET
For many years I had plans for this time: painting, writing, sewing, organizing, shopping, etc. all of the things I could not do easily or quickly with small people in my care. I will just wait, I said to myself and then I will get to that project.
Now
I just want to listen to the inside of my dusty cerebellum cabinets open and close, the birds outside singing, the wind in the branches, the eyes closed quiet that comes from just breathing in and out and being aware of that sound. Completely content with just the sound of my book pages turning or the branches of my mind stretching and exhaling after a deep but riotously important slumber.
If you:
Call ......I won't pick up
Text........I'm unavailable
Knock..........Sam will bark
E-mail..........I'll catch ya later
Scream in the wind...........possible
