Blog Archive

sTuFf i sWoRe I wOuLd NeVeR do.....buT diD

BUY GIANT BOXES OF CHEERIOS
LIVE ANYWHERE AWAY FROM THE OCEAN

WEAR MY GLASSES
LEAVE THE HOUSE WITH MAJORLY
MESSY HAIR

(I drove C man to zero hour choir this morning without so much as a bristle of a brush)


HAVE A FILTHY CAR
( found a spilled milkshake that filled an entire cup holder with liquid and dried there recently)
CUT MY HAIR
( now I cannot seem to stop)

SURRENDER TO MY INNER NERDINESS ENTIRELY
(stayed up all night last night reading!!! hello 4 am) I listen to Classical music because I WANT to, I eat my veggies because I LIKE them, I ALWAYS bring my coat when its cold, I WISH I could do some homework, it sounds fun, AND I LOVE to find time to clean my room

Mourning my previous "rad" self leaves me actually with a big grin. What I thought was important has been dwarfed in beautiful moments unimaginable, a way of creating my days as a mother and a wife that takes my breath away it is so peaceful and sweet.

Surfer girl Sacajawea was totally enviable, but if she could have met me now at this time of life, she would make every choice I have made to get here and never let go.

Stuff I swore I would never do, but DID and would do again!!
(ps. i still don't drive a van, have never bought Tupperware, and I hardly EVER make my bed !)