Blog Archive

Give yourself a . . . . . . . . . . .

break

I've learned a few things over the last 13 years of being a wife and mother. I am certainly no "WONDERWOMAN", and yet there are moments that I secretly smile to myself with a "WOW" I can't believe I actually got it ALL done feeling.
*
I was inspired by a luncheon I attended this week. It was so exquisitely prepared. Every beautiful detail seemingly covered with ease. The food was delicately organized and perfect in every way.
*
I asked myself on my way home "Why don't I prepare meals like that". I had many sundry answers and excuses swarming around my head. . . . .
and then I had an idea.
*
Once a week I am going to forget the "make something no one will complain about/economical/easy to prepare in 30 minutes/basically balanced meals" that are produced by years of experience. Instead, I am going to make a grown up meal. Something beautifully prepared for just Marc and I. Foods that are pleasing to the palate and nourishing to not only body but also soul.
( the kids can eat noodles later :)
*
I made as close a replica to my luncheon meal as I could. Full of flavor and freshness and happiness. Marc and I dined alone at our table and the kids played upstairs.
*
It was marvelous.
It was adult.
It was sort of healing.
It was beauty on a plate
*
As easy as it is to forget ourselves, and frankly how necessary it is, I was thrilled to reconnect with a side of myself long forgotten in casserole land.
*
Welcome back "dining"
See you tomorrow "dinner"