Blog Archive

Whats Wrong With Strong?

WARNING - I WENT QUITE TANGENTIAL ON THIS ONE......
I JUST HAVE SOME PEOPLE IN MY LIFE THAT ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!(I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine the guts that takes in her culture,
just look at her face, she is so strong and pretty ticked if you ask me)
*
The header photograph above is the home of an 83 year old woman in Ballard Washington. She has refused to sell her house over and over again. She wants to stay in her house until she dies and will not for any amount of money give it up to the developers in her area. She has been offered millions of dollars for the property. She remains in her home. This home she owns and will not budge!!! Hooray for her!!! I post today with a query on my mind.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH STRONG?

My full name is Deborah. I have a biblical name. Deborah was a judge in Israel. She lead the armies of Israel to victory. She was a prophetess. She was STRONG. I love the name. Its mine to bear. I am a strong woman. I have been blessed with life experiences that steeled my resolve to be thus. It is very rare that I tolerate any abuse from anyone. I have always been my own advocate for proper treatment. I will not tolerate anything else. I often wonder why. That quality has brought major drama into my life.

I know many women who do not espouse the same cord of defiance. I love these women. I admire them for many things, yet I cannot for the life of me understand why they let people (husbands especially) treat them disrespectfully. I don't get it. I would never live that life. You would find some man hineys lined up on my curb before I would ever yield to being insulted or controlled by a man. Why do they allow it? What are they afraid of? We have so many great examples of strong women in history. Let us follow them;
*
The prophetess DEBORAH from the Old Testament
Of course......SACAJAWEA
An amazing example of strength and wisdom and perseverance. Crossed the United States with Lewis and Clark carrying her little boy the whole way.


QUEEN ESTHER
First woman to win a beauty pageant and use her power for good!!!!
She saved her people from destruction. She was brave and strong.



Mother Teresa
Beautiful example that strength comes from the Lord. She used her strength to bring peace and healing and love to those who needed it most.




Rosie the Riveter
Although fictional.....She was RIGHT!!!!




Modern day example of pure strength of womanhood.
Sherri Dew
She fights evil every day like the Wonder woman of the modern world. Her influence for good is astounding. She is strong. She is good. She is a great example. She is brilliant and available and genuine and talented and humble and has done more with one life here on the planet than most!





With all of these beautiful examples, how can women not know how strong they are or how strong they can be? I am positive we are. I know I am a daughter of God. I am his. Of course I am strong. We all are.
*

Acronym of the day : NMWW
*


NO MORE WIMPY WOMEN!!!!
*

PS. I am also all for ........lovely, kind, charitable, good, honest, virtuous, intelligent, humble, respectful, integral, educated, sweet, beautiful, generous, grateful, gentle and
dedicated to home and family


I KNOW YOU CAN BE BOTH