I know you are suppose to live in the moment, but I JUST CAN'T!!!!!!
I have no doubt that I am entirely the most sentimental mother I know of. I do crazy things like mourn the last day my children are a certain age. "This is the last day you are a single digit", AWWwwwww. Lets celebrate!!! before you turn 10! Hurry lets hike the mountain together!I am an absoute boob when it comes to this last little birdie in my nest.
Today is the last day she is 5 years old!!!
Tomorrow she will be 6!!!!
Why am I such a blubbering mommy sobber?
I, literally, just can't stand for her to grow up and at the same time
I LOVE to see her blossom!
I have loved every little part of her being little! Yes, all of it. I have been wise with my time with my children. I knew it wouldn't last. I knew it was temporary. I put myself on the shelf for this time and gave everything I am to nurturing these small and treasured children. Now, my baby will be 6!!! Did you hear what I said, 6 years old, not 5 but 6!!
I have what I call "empty arm syndrome". Yes, I know they are all still here and there is so much left to teach them and to learn from them. Its just this feeling. It is literally painful.
Is she really ready to go to school ALL DAY LONG next year?Can she face her own "big bears"?
Charm her way into their hearts?
Defeat the bad, glean the good?

Yes, she can.
I know she can.
I just wonder if
I CAN?
If I don't throw her the "Butterfly Birthday" tomorrow, can I just pretend she is still five?