This is a photo of us at the airport on my way to New Zealand. I was the sadest I had ever been in my whole life. Here was my best friend, the truest person I had ever met, the love of my life and I was going to say goodbye for 2 years. Was I crazy to leave him?

NO
HERE ARE 30 'REASONS' WHY



NOTE TO SELF:
Always put the Lord first in your life and everything will work out for your best good.
Serving others together will bond you for a lifetime
Writing letters on your mission will be the greatest way to get to know each other you could have ever come up with
Entering so many different homes will provide you with the understanding of how you will want to create your own home in the future
Learning to keep the 'rules' of a mission will give you self control for a lifetime
Gleaning Joy from experiencing real change in people's lives from teaching them the gospel of Jesus Christ is eternal
Being selfless will prepare you for married life
Absence really will make your heart grow fonder
The prevalent sense of gratitude you take away will keep your materialistic inclinations in order
Building a righteous/selfless/Christ centered foundation will keep your 'proverbial' house steady through the storms of life
LEAVING THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE FOR 2 YEARS
=AGONIZING
BUILDING A BEAUTIFUL FUTURE
= PRICELESS