Blog Archive

They just want us......



Its been pretty busy around our house for a week. I have been one of those moms I swore I would never ever be. You know her, the "busy" mom, half detached from every child's attempt to get her attention, planning meals just to get them done, rather than enjoy them with your family, telling kids to "hurry up already and just GET IN THE CAR!!!

I realized I was bordering on 'hyper nag'.....I told myself, just one more day and then I will take them anywhere they want to go, buy them sweets and new clothes and be in a better mood to take that bike ride, go for that walk, or spend that day at the lake.

As my 'busy bee-ness' subsided this afternoon I let out a huge sigh and said..."Okay...NOW I am all yours!! "What do you want to do first?"

Do you want to know what I was asked for?

"Mom, can we just snug?" - "Mom will you play Mormon Bridge with us?" "Mom, will you look at this picture I drew of a city plan?" "Mom, I have a serious question for you...."

They just wanted ........................ME

The great part is that, they were all I wanted too!!! I love being their mother. It is the greatest blessing in this life. I am so grateful for their sweet little souls, their tight hugs and that I am voted " MOST POPULAR " every day of the week!