I learned that there is always room for one more at the table
I learned that there is always room for one more in the car
I learned that there is always room for one more on the couch
I learned that there is always room for one more on the ATV
I learned that there is always room for one more at the sleepover
I learned that there is always room for one more at the fireside
I learned that there is no end to family relationships
I learned that there is always a smile and hug to go around
I learned that I was welcome at every conversation
I learned that children are happier when free to roam
I learned that everyone shares what they have and has what they share
I learned that grandma and grandpa’s kisses are priceless
I learned that big 'nostril flaring' laughs are like medicine
I learned that weathering the storms is easier when everyone helps out
I learned that it is good to be dirty and sandy and filthy for the sake of fun
I learned that BBQ tastes better outside
I learned that “frog eye salad” seems to multiply and never run out
I learned that the storytellers are my favorite kind of relative
I learned that plastic cups and plates are fun to burn
I learned that if you are not the boss of the horse he will be the boss of you
I learned that wild flowers are the most beautiful when on Colorado mountains
I learned that life is sweeter on a bale of hay
I learned that Kristi is a spitfire and could very well kill me on an ATV
I learned that Jeff is his funniest when he is playing phase 10
I learned that when tragedy strikes anyone in the family it affects everyone
I learned that Grandpa Reeves’ patience is endless
I learned that it truly makes Grandma Reeves happy to be with her family
I learned that you really can live off of a backpack for a week or more
I also learned that there is a massively stinky funk that can trail you and your family's belongings everywhere if don’t have a washing machine
I learned that you should take heed of warnings about overloading plumbing systems
I learned that good dogs are made on farms
I learned that sleeping in is a workin'ranch "NO NO"
I learned that family relationships are joyful
I learned that my kids need a circle of nurturing beyond my own
I learned that you cannot orchestrate memories they just show up unexpectedly
I learned that podiatry is over rated
I learned that end of the day sleepy talks are my favorite parts
I learned that I need a pair of boots
I learned that eventually EVERYONE WILL fall asleep
and
I LEARNED THAT REUNIONS ARE SWEETER WITH TONS OF BUG SPRAY AND SUNBLOCK, WITH FLEECE JACKETS FROM THE THRIFT STORE, TESTIMONIES ARE POIGNANT IN SMALL CHURCH BRANCHES, LAUGHS ARE DEARER WHEN REPEATED, AND DREAMS OF FAMILY COME TRUE ON RANCHES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MOUNTAINS IN COLORADO SOMETIMES