Blog Archive

Girls... prepare yourselves for a massive attack of envy. . .

This photo is from our annual "Disco Party" at BYU Hawaii. I bought Marc that killer baby blue velour shirt and borrowed my glittery singlet from the Drama dept on campus. This photo has always been a favorite, because it is literal.....he really did sweep me off my feet 18 1/2 years ago!!!

For the weak of heart, the absent of relationship, or those longing for love, prepare yourselves to be riddled with a fit of jealously and envy. Yes, I am going to do it. Brag. If you can't stand the thought of mushy, sappy adoration...exit stage left via your backwards arrow button right now :) I have given you fair warning.
This photo is of us at a "Halloween Party". I was a Genie, Marc was ....well...nuts...and Bob was wearing Heather's dress, Kris is 'pregnant' which was quite the foreshadowing for her future :) Although, I did not really have the powers of a Genie, I did cast quite a spell on that cute/crazy boy next to me :0
(he hates this photo, note his fake boob grab, but I love it, because it was the beginning....)The beginning of "US". As our friends called it, "The Marc and Debi Relationship", enviable at the first, enduring stronger than the last...

Not to worry, I shan't beleaguer every single detail of the 18 years we have been together (15 married, 2 on missions at the same time), I am just going to have a I love Marc party 'thank you fest' with these typing keys and my virtual voice: sacajawea-sings

I am Sweetheartsy, Valentinesy, Romantically, and Lovingly GRATEFUL that Marc Reeves:
*Makes me feel peace and comfort and safe everyday
*Allows me to be myself, unjudged, uncontrolled, unconditionally
*Is devoted to me entirely and wholly
*Treats me as his equal, even though he is far taller, stronger, smarter, better looking, funnier, faster, sweeter and kinder than I will ever be. . . ever
*Honors his priesthood, leading our family in humility, service, and perfect charity. He embodies the scriptural descriptives, "Honest, True, Benevolent, Kind, Long suffering, Praiseworthy, Doing good to all men....etc....etc.."
*Has the most amazing work ethic, and literally gives everything to provide for our family
*Is a tremendous father to our children
*Radiates kindness and strength and goodness

How does he do all that? What is he doing exactly to make his wife say those things? Let me tell you about only a few tangible evidences:
*EVERYDAY we have been married he has left me a love note. He leaves it in a place I will see, so I can have that little 'love rush' to start my day. Those notes make me feel like everything I do is worth it.
*EVERYNIGHT he reads a story to the kids. In fact, he will read to the boys, and THEN read to Lily because they are on different reading levels.
LONG AGO he chose a field of profession that would not cause him to be away from our children for any length of time. His wisdom in knowing how important those relationships would be is amazing.
*EVERY WEEK he participates with me in managing our home by doing dishes, folding laundry, cleaning bathrooms, sweeping floors, making dinners, driving to activities, supporting our family in any way we need
*ALL DAY LONG I feel a closeness to him because he calls me and asks me how my day is going and tells me he loves me
*EVERY YEAR I see his golf clubs covered with dust from lack of use, his diving gear become unusable, his ski boots sit on a shelf in the garage, his bike in the back of the stack behind all the kids bikes, his desire to become a pilot put on the proverbial shelf to meet the needs of his children instead
*EVERY MONTH he makes an effort to go to the temple
*ALL WINTER he commutes 2 hours a day in terrible weather to ensure his kids go to the best schools
*ALL SPRING he enriches our soil and landscape so we can enjoy the most beautiful garden all summer long. When Marc has been to the garden it is beautiful.
*ALL SUMMER he works in a square office so we can play at the lake, give the kids swimming lessons, have picnics, go hiking, play in the sprinklers and be free
*ALL FALL he lives in his car, going to football games, soccer games, dance lessons, scouts, young mens, his calling, my calling, and even takes a vacation week to let me serve at YW camp
*THE ONLY thing he wants for Christmas is for his wife to be happy, and he means it
*THE ONLY time he spends money is on his family
*THE ONLY direction he heads is true north keeping the commandments
*THE ONLY place he puts his talents is in serving in the church and nurturing our children with his ever available listening ear, his constant support, and in his pure instinct to serve and love


I make a 'Blog Book' every Christmas and in 2010's book I want a "Marc-a-mony" to grace its pages. I am truly the most blessed woman having Marc to love and to love me back. Happy Valentines Day Tall Sweetness! I adore you! Don't be embarrassed by your awesomeness!!!!!!! hugs-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo-kisses (and some serious lovin'later ;) ) deb, aka President of the Marc Reeves fan club