
People in general are odd. Lets face it. If we were not, odd/unusual then we would all be alike I suppose, and how fun would that be?
I am a late night reader, thinker, ponderer, supposer, schemer, idea maker.
I have had this thought occur to me over the years, again and again and again.
Its about the pictures we have on our walls inside our homes.

Why do we do this? Why do we take a square and fill it with outside? We choose lovely frames, and matts and then take a moment from outdoors, an image, a reflection, a painting, or even a photograph. We put it in the square and place it on our square walls, yet look at it with our round eyes.
It is strange really.
We take the outside and bring it inside, and look at it from the inside because outside is well, .....outside. Isn't that why we are inside? To be protected, sheltered, removed from the outside?
Odd isn't it?
What happens when we have been inside too long? We crave the outside. Let's go camping, surfing, hiking, biking, picniking, skiing. Let's go "ING" and let's go outside.
Ready. We must get 'ready' for the outside. Thick soles protect us from the ground, rain parkas keep the water out, tents provide cover from all that fresh air. Better grab some pillows from the inside and bring them outside, because if you don't the outside might get inside.
We embalm ourselves from each effect the outside might provide. Then we take a square frame and place a square photograph of the outside, well.....inside.

Are we not a funny lot? Doing all we can to protect ourselves from the 'wilds' of the outside, all the while, bringing it back in?
You know, now that I think about it I've been 'inside' too long, although its raining like K-razy, I better get in my car and go quickly from the door of my car, to the door of the movie theater and watch other people act out a story, that I have never even experienced and never will, because I didn't have to....all I had to do is watch them from the INSIDE OUT AND FROM THE OUTSIDE IN.