Blog Archive
Ahhh Sacajawea. Or as Lewis wrote, "Sah - kah -gar- we a". My alter ego at BYU-HAWAII circa 1992. Memories of sneaking into the Library at night and re-arranging the chairs to spell out the name.....Sacajawea. Rebel Yell. Mischevious Miscrient. Now, turned homemaker/play at home mom. Sacajawea traveled across the entire continent with a tiny baby to nurture. I travel across Seattle with 3 small people to love and nurture. If she can do it, so can I! I can't wimp out. She was a guide. So am I. She was strong, so am I! She was called Bird Women by the men in her party because she sang to her son as they walked. Having just delivered a child, she kept walking and she kept singing. May we all do the same. Keep walking and singing. Never forgetting that the path we walk our little ones will follow.