Blog Archive

WHAT WILL THEY REALLY REMEMBER?


I always wonder what my kids will remember about growing up. Wonder what they will take away from this time we share so closely together. What will they remember about me? Thought I would list a few things I hope they do remember and ask you all what you hope for.

I HOPE THEY REMEMBER: My voice reading to them, My arms around them when they were hurt or sad, My teaching as that voice in their head encouraging them to be better, The taste of Sunday dinner and dessert, Singing in the car with the radio up and the windows down, Eating veggies from a garden they helped to plant, Feeling safe when the lights go out, Bubble baths with homemade soaps, Messy art projects on the lawn, Hearing "I love to see you everyday" first thing in the morning, Knowing how to do a job well the first time, Remembering the sound of my laugh and sight of my smile, That I always had my nose in a book or hands on a project, Charitible secret services they helped me with, Walking in the door and positively knowing I am right there thrilled to see them again, My love of life and and colorful people in it, My adoration of their father and my lips on his face, My willingness to always listen to them about whatever is important to them at the time from Sesame Street to Sports, The sound of my voice bearing testimony of truth, That maybe my house was not perfectly ordered but my life was because they always came first, My love of nature and constantly pointing out flowers, skies and seas, My chocolate chip cookies and sprinkles in their chocolate milk, Smiley face breakfasts and orange smiles, Hairdo's and Homemade costumes and Birthday decorations, Family Bike rides and walks, Playing Hide and Go Seek, and,..and...the list could go on and on forever. I would love to hear what you want your kids to remember about you. Tag you are it.