Every mother knows how unrealistic that sounds. And yet, I have had some of those kind of days and they have been heavenly, just not everyday or even every other day turns out that way. They come and go and then you hit a bump.
As arrogant as I was about how easy it would be to tend an infant, I have found myself in the very same situation again! I used to say, "I am not scared at all of raising a teenager, what is the big deal anyway?"
Wimps.
I would then remark to my eldest child that some kids tend to become stinky teenagers and would he please promise me on the spot that he would never hate me, think I was stupid or be a pubescent preterberance. He would promise and happily we walked hand in hand skipping through life, until he started to "TWEEN" on me.
So, I ask you blog worthy folk, how can a kid, I would easily hand my life over for, temp me to strangle him at the same time? I just don't think I can bear the phrase "I know, I know, I know" many more times before I implode. The great part is that he really is positive he does know everything. I did. I remember walking down the street with a friend in 7th grade and saying something like this, "What could we possibly need to know more about life than maybe some more math .
He is blessed with a face easy to frankly forgive and a heart of gold so for now I will patiently endure how much he knows and relish in the fact that I once knew it all too.