
A few years ago I was able to help a sister in our ward pack up her house. She had 7 kids, was well,...to put it gently, ill cared for. She had neglected herself in every way.
As I packed her bathroom items, in the back of the bottom of the bathroom cabinet, I found a giant bottle of lavender bubble bath. It was very dusty and had an old ribbon on it that told of its age and previous prettiness and gift giving prowess. I wrapped it carefully in packing paper and placed it in the box.
What I wanted to do was ask this sister about her life. Why didn't she use it? What occasion was she saving it for? When would she give herself permission to use it and enjoy it?
I remember the feeling of a sort of loss distinctly. I promised myself I would always use my pretty stuff, even if it was just a Tuesday. Because, sometimes, Tuesday's need it more than birthdays or anniversaries. I was determined to do it differently.
and yet.....
I was just cleaning out an area of my bathroom today........
and you guessed it, .......
last CHRISTMAS
my hubby gave me a basket filled with sweet pretties, like coconut lime body scrub, essential oils, loofah's, and clippers and trimmers alike, with every sort of thing I would usually pass by in the store, and he decided to treat me with these things to enliven the 'Tuesdays' of my year
I saved them and it is a exactly a year later.....
well,..... I do have ten days left
I better hurry up and go get in the tub!!
For all the '7 kid sisters' in the world, lets use our nice dishes for lunch, put on the fancy sheets for no reason, indulge in a favorite hot chocolate.....ALONE...., read our favorite book for the 19th time, wear your expensive shoes to the grocery store, do our makeup with the nice lipstick/eye shadow that is not for everyday, play our favorite music so loud the rafters shake and neighbors question, drink a whole bottle of apple cider ourselves!!!!!
Guiltlessly celebrate your bottles of lavender bubble bath
Ti's the season for
COMFORT AND JOY
after all......