And so.... BLOG BOOK 08 is done!!! Instead of printing it with a company that wanted to charge me a fortune, I just bought some photo paper and a decent binder and printed it out. I deleted all side items, changed the background to white to save ink and went to town. I also deleted stuff that was not family oriented, like for example "Santa Killer" and "Barak Obama dancing with Sarah Palin". My kids have loved looking through the pages and reading the posts. I think it is a great way for them to remember me in a way that is more personal than a family journal. If I died tomorrow they would know me better because of the blog. What a blessing to record all the little stories and moments that make up the year, and save them in a simple way. If I had scrap booked this year it would have taken forever, but with blogging it is about 30 minutes a week. What an ideal way of keeping a record. I will probably print out every 6 months or so, so the books are not too big to go through. What a good fit for a busy mom.Blog Archive
"Blog Book 2008"
And so.... BLOG BOOK 08 is done!!! Instead of printing it with a company that wanted to charge me a fortune, I just bought some photo paper and a decent binder and printed it out. I deleted all side items, changed the background to white to save ink and went to town. I also deleted stuff that was not family oriented, like for example "Santa Killer" and "Barak Obama dancing with Sarah Palin". My kids have loved looking through the pages and reading the posts. I think it is a great way for them to remember me in a way that is more personal than a family journal. If I died tomorrow they would know me better because of the blog. What a blessing to record all the little stories and moments that make up the year, and save them in a simple way. If I had scrap booked this year it would have taken forever, but with blogging it is about 30 minutes a week. What an ideal way of keeping a record. I will probably print out every 6 months or so, so the books are not too big to go through. What a good fit for a busy mom.