What I did not know was that as Marc was cutting down the giant stalks, there were pincher bugs in the flower heads. He pulled out the sections that were infested and without thinking much about it at the time, put the heads in our compost for the following year. . . . . . . . .
As our garden has matured this year. I have been baffled. We did an 8 square garden plot with 1 foot wide paths in between the rows. Early on in the season everything looks the same, the weeds double as pumpkins, basil, broccoli, everything....because they all have 2 leaves.
The rows in between our plots were filling up fast with these two leafers. I figured Miss L. just planted them, and every year we find surprises from her excursions. I left it alone, and figured we would weed them out.Wellll.......... As it turned out........ THE ENTIRE GARDEN HAS BEEN SEEDED WITH LAST YEARS SUNFLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The green shoots are ALL sunflowers. They are fast growing, especially with all the sun we have had lately. It is hysterical. I had to share the photos here and officially withdraw my status as
GARDEN GURU
and change it to
GARDEN GOOF UP

