
I'm breaking my own rules today. Hey, I made em' I can break em'. I am going to do a Sunday Sister post about my beautiful Sis-In-Law Kristi. Originally, I was only going to post 'Thanksgiving-type friend posts', however I only have a few weeks left and I just could not feel as thankful as I want to without including a post about Kristi Reeves.

Words are not enough to share with you readers how much I love this lady. Maybe that's why I did not originally include family members. The idea of covering even a portion of what they mean to you in only 'words' seems impossible. I'll give it a meager shot here:
I met Kristi in Hawaii when I was friends with my husband to be. She and David (Marc's brother), were living in the married student housingat BYU Hawaii. Marc and I spent many happy hours with them in TVA,and with Brandon (her oldest of 3) about 2 years old at the time. Marc and I did a lot of babysitting for them, playing 'house' caring for Brandon. It was a sneak preview into how awesome of a dad Marc would be. :)
Kristi has infectious energy and love for others. She was always baking and cooking and giving more than half of what she made away to everyone. She has a way of making life seem full and purposeful. Listening to her discuss the gospel has always inspired me.
She has the most natural and keen sense of humor as well. Her ready laugh is a joyful sound. She and I shared MANY laughs together. I remember one time we went body surfing and could not stop laughing about something (J.R.). I told her we should stay out in the ocean until we could think of something 'nice' to say about this person. We floated around treading water laughing our heads off!! It was a while before we got to shore..... :)
She has the most comfortable and playful way with kids. I loved watching her nurture her son, Brandon. She was so amazing with him. One specific instance I have always remembered was when I was helping her do laundry. I asked her if she had to get rid of many 'tank' style tops when she started wearing garments. She said sweetly and simply, "No, I always bought shirts that were modest while I was growing up so there would be no difference at all".
This is a photo of her son who just left for his mission to Washington D.C. I am sure she used the same principle with him. Living the gospel in their family life in such a way as to prepare him for the life of a missionary.

Kristi is amazingly beautiful. She is not only beautiful on the outside but more particularly on the inside. She makes everyone feel instantly at ease around her without lowering any of her own personal standards of righteousness. She has the most engaging personality it is like she is a magnet. People are just drawn to her. She always takes time to listen in a very giving way. She is so unselfish in her desires to always serve others.
I am constantly amazed at her ability to see a need in someone and reach to meet that need herself. She is a disciple of Jesus Christ in every way. I did see Kristi before I even met Marc in Hawaii. I remember she and David were walking Brandon around in a stroller. I remember saying to myself something like, "That is the kind of family I want." Little did I know,.....that is the EXACT kind of family I have. I have her for eternity. She and David and their beautiful kids are part of a chain of which I now belong.
For that, this Thanksgiving season I just HAD to include Kristi. She is one of my heroins on earth and a sister for eternity. I love you so much Kristi, you are more to me than these words, and forever a part any goodness I have. I just copy you. :)And as you all know, I am not much on people telling me what to do. Except for Kristi, I always listen to her.
Except for maybe when I am on the back of a 4 wheeler and she is driving!!! I swore you were going to throw me off mama!!!! Can you still hear me screaming in your ear! I can still hear you laughing. :) Always will.