Blog Archive

Sunday Sister "N" rated, Niki, Nicolle and Nichole

These 3 Sunday sister posts go to my sweet "N" set. Sadly, 2 of the three now live far away from the Northwest in some dang place in Utah. The 'Motherlands' call is pretty loud :) Niki B. being the most recent escapee from the land of rain drops and playground cops :) (inside joke) SERIOUSLY SAD today when I did not see her moxy mama self in a pair of leggings and some funky shoes. Who will I share my 'confrontation phobia tantrums' with now :)?

On a serious note, though, this chick is the embodiment of courage and faith and devotion. She has taken some serious trips across the hot coal beds of tribulation and come across with a smile on her face. She is so accessible and open to people and her ability to share her story with others is remarkable. I just like keeping all my 'junk in my trunk' so to speak and sitting on it with a donut and milk in hand. Not Niki B, she just opens the trunk and says,....come on in!!!!, lets close the lid and party!!!

I love this Niki enough she could make me move to Utah on her prayers alone:) But, until then, this Slurpee and midnight madness TP session is for you!!!! I already miss you and you left yesterday! As you would say, "^%#@#*((&^#@!&%@#*%*&%(#@"

This is Nicolle D. With whom I can also say I have TPed in the night!!! She brought out high school senior debi. We did the besties gig in Hillsboro Oregon for a few years until she too got the dusty desert fever and moved to St. George. I want to laugh out loud right now just thinking about her feet on the treadmill. She was the first one to poke fun at herself, and her mention of hoof feet in the middle of a run bout' did me in. That and the farting ward member on the treadmill beside us!!! Help me!

So many sweet memories with N.D. I was so blessed by her friendship. We would laugh that our friendship was like 'dating' because we would sneak out to movies, dinner, herbal tea chats....we would be just giddy with excitement to head out of our houses and have some 'girl' time. I have yet to meet anyone with whom I can talk more about hairstyles!

Niki Diki I miss you. You are a treasure to me. So so happy our paths crossed for a while. P.S. If you and Marc die before us, I am still going to marry Duane. That shoe size thing has me terribly curious :) :) :) :) JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B6er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



This favorite "N" has to be pictured with her family. She is so devoted to family that it is amazing. She and I actually are the exact same age and both attended BYU Hawaii, although did not know each other at the time. She was dating the tallest guy in our school. I was just dating the ones who surfed the best :) It amazes me we both ended up here in M. Valley. She is now in another ward, but our friendship remains strong and a source of comfort and genuine happiness. Nichole is the most reciprocal friend I have ever had. She is so thoughtful and so aware of the needs and feelings of others.

I admire her so much. A year or so ago, we were both talking about bringing more children into each of our families. Her path led her to this sweet baby, below in the photo. Livy, is a blessing. I just admired Nichole's decision making process so much. She was so faithful and willing to fulfill her role as a mother. I lived vicariously through her experience and loved every minute. With 5 children, in a time when so few women are willing to even bear children, she is a superb example of faith and womanly strength.

What a unique beauty each 'N' has brought to my life. Feeling their love and support has changed me as a person and enlightened me as a woman. Today's Sunday sister x 3!!!! Love each of you and am so grateful you are my friends!!!

Grateful for 'Thanksgiving' a perfect reminder to say it out loud people. Thank You.

Little Lily, with little Livy and her bestie, Gracie, Nichole H's daughter.